Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Spring Yarns!

I think you know how I feel about sock yarns. As I told someone the other day - with a heartfelt sigh - I could live on a strict diet of only sock yarn. Well, take a look at this! Kiwi now has Malabrigo Sock, a wonderful new sock yarn from the same people who make the beautiful Malabrigo kettle-dyed worsted weight yarns that we all love. Malabrigo Sock measures up at 440 yards per skein, plenty for your average pair of socks. This pure super-wash merino wool is sure to spoil you in the delicious Malabrigo colors for spring.



Also new in the shop is the Rowan Colourscape Chunky from their Kaffe Fassett line. Each 100 gm. skein of 100% wool is approximately 175 yds. Kaffe Fassett is known in the knitting and textiles world as a brilliant colorist. Put his talent together with the high quality of Rowan yarns, and you are sure to have a winner.



Finally, here is a picture of Kay Trondsen with her recently finished Lady Eleanor's Stole. I'm sure you've probably seen Kay around Kiwi Knitting, she is a very talented and avid knitter, and we enjoy her company. Kay was in my recent Lady E class (as we affectionately call her) and came in to show off her finished product. Made in the entrelac technique using Noro Silk Garden, I have seen probably 20 - 25 of these finished shawls after my classes, and each is gorgeous and unique. Kay, you will have many years of enjoyment from your shawl, wear it in good health, as we say in my family.



May all of you who celebrate this week have a wonderful Passover and Easter! Best wishes from Kiwi Knitting!

No comments: