Saturday, June 13, 2009

Odds and Ends

Am I a trendsetter, or what? Last week I talked about starting holiday knitting now, before the panic sets in. And then the summer issue of Knitty came out,and what do they feature? A whole host of Holiday Headstart patterns. Did I tell you or did I tell you?

One of the patterns that caught my eye especially was the Deadliest Crab. I'm a Cancer so I just really fell for this one, and I printed the pattern out right away. Then my husband came up with a great idea - knit it in Noro Kureyon. Hmmm... I was going to use stash yarns, and as we all know, any Noro in your stash is never without a preordained purpose, which meant that I had to buy some Kureyon in order to make the pattern. Gee whiz, what a shame.

But when I got to Kiwi and starting taking a look around at all the great new things in the shop (more on that later), I saw this great pattern from Fibertrends for Gotta Get A Gecko. I mean really, a match made in heaven. Felted lizards, and Tucson. We all need one, don't we?


I just have to make one. So the crab may be on the back burner for the moment, but the gecko is next on my list. Lynn was making one out of the yarn called for in the pattern, Tussock by Naturally. She tells me that it is a very fast project for her so far.

Lynn also wanted me to let you know that Berroco yarns are back. Unfortunately my camera battery decided to give up the ghost right after I started taking photos, so some of them will have to wait for another time. But one I leapt on right away was Berroco Sox Metallic. Each 100 gram ball has approximately 380 yards, enough to make an average pair of socks. The fiber content is 73% Superwash wool, 25% nylon, and 2% other - which I take to be the magical sparkly bits. Because boy, does this yarn sparkle! I'm looking forward to making these! Kiwi also has Comfort Sock, 447 yards with a 50/50 content of nylon and acrylic; and Sox, 440 yards with a fiber content of 75% Superwash wool, and 25% nylon.



Another great Berroco yarn in stock is Seduce. This stuff is gorgeous, and will make the most wonderful summer tops. Seduce has 40 grams per skein, and 100 yards. The fiber content is 47% rayon, 25% linen, 17% silk, and 11% nylon. It has a wonderful shimmer and the knitted fabric has wonderful drape.



Summer projects, holidays projects, great yarns and patterns. Life is good.

No comments: