Saturday, May 9, 2009

As you know, I don't get to Kiwi Knitting as often as I used to, certainly not as often as I would like to. (The good news is that I can see the end of the semester from here.) So when I go in on alternate Friday mornings for Knit Dr, I make a point of bringing my camera along and searching for things in the shop that are new to me. It's always great fun to make a new discovery and get turned on by a new yarn, new tools or a new technique. My last trip to Kiwi uncovered so much exciting new stuff that I'm going to have to break it up into two entries.

In the main room I found new projects from the book, Knit One Below. Lynn tells me that the book is on order, I would imagine that it is back in the shop by now, and I'm looking forward to giving it a good perusal this coming Friday. I think I'm going to have to take it home with me.

I'm sure you remember that I showed you a scarf and a vest project using this technique a few weeks ago. Now look at these cute baby booties, and this adorable bonnet! What baby wouldn't stand out in a crowd wearing these? Don't these just say, 'Someone who knits loves me'? I'm going to have to search out a baby that needs a set of these.


I'm also really taken with this tank top. On my body it would have to be a bit longer, and have wider straps (okay, and be a bit wider, as well), but those would be easy tweaks to make. I really love the way that the stitch pattern shows off the color changes of the Noro yarn. This done in some Noro cotton would be just the thing for summer. The chevron pattern would be very flattering to a number of body types.


I also espied this new yarn from Linie 5, called Corafino. It is 50 gms and approximately 191 yds of superwash goodness, with a content of 60% merino and 40% polyacryl. Lynn has a ton of gorgeous colors on hand, and they are really soft and delicious. Also look for some new colors of the Cascade 200 Superwash.


The thing that struck me the most, however, was the bags. There are new knitting bags, project bags, tool bags, sock project bags, gorgeous baskets - everywhere you look! Starting with a beautiful knitting bag from Della Q, with a matching tool case.


Della Q for a knitting needle case, leaning against a Lantern Moon basket bag...


Namaste and Chica, with Della Q hiding in the background...


More Namaste - there's a messenger bag in light blue...


Silk bags from Lantern Moon...


And a basketweave bag, also from Lantern Moon.


Now I don't know about you, but I'm a firm believer that a girl can't have too many knitting bags. The very concept defies the laws of physics. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that they are like purses - they need to change with the seasons and go with your shoes! :-D

Now if only I can make my husband see the wisdom of that...

No comments: