Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some Great Links!

I just thought I'd pop in with a couple of wonderful links for you all!

If you are part of our local knitting guild - Old Pueblo Knitters - then you know that last month we hosted Amy Singer, the founder and editor of Knitty, for a talk at our guild meeting as well as a few days of classes. I spoke with Amy briefly after her presentation at the guild, and I have to tell you, she is really a very lovely person.

Last week, the latest edition of Knitty came out, and guess what? There is a great article there about Kiwi Knitting, Jill Holbrook, and Heather Ordover, as well as the spinning group that meets at Kiwi, and the Tucson Handspinners and Weavers Guild. Take a look! It just confirms my thoughts about what a great person she is.

And just for a good, sheepish chuckle, check out this video... My husband comes from Wales, where this was filmed, and tells me it is fascinating to watch the dogs work the sheep, controlled completely by a series of whistles.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

KiniaCat Crafts said...

Yeah!!!
Amy will spread the word that Tucson and Kiwi Knitting are the places all the great knitters of the world should visit (especially when it's cold and snowy in other parts of the knitting world...).
Well done!
And the Sheep video is EXCELLENT!!