Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kaffe Fassett yarns for Fall

Lynn is starting to get in yarns from her fall orders, so I can begin to show what's going to be new for this coming fall at Kiwi! The back room is stuffed with boxes, so keep tuned as I show you what will be appearing on the shelves in the coming weeks.

First off, the wonderful Kaffe (pronounced like 'cape', but with an 'f') Fassett has come out with new colors in his popular sock yarn for Regia. This is a sampling of the colors that are new, and I have to tell you that they are very vivid and rich. Very pretty. As with the other Regia sock yarns, one ball is sufficient for the average pair of socks. I like the way that these don't pattern into very defined, solid lines. Yarns like these are a wonderful chance to work short-row heels.


Regia is also producing a sport-weight sock yarn by Kaffe Fassett, known as the 6-fadig (6 ply, as opposed to the regular sock-weight, which is 4 ply). I knitted socks last winter with another Regia 6-fadig and can tell you that it is a dream to knit with, and makes nice, comfy, bouncy socks. These should be very nice for those of you who, like me, knit for people in colder climes, or who always have cold toes - also like me!


These new fall sock yarns probably won't be hitting the shelves before early October, but keep them in mind as you plan your fall and winter knitting.

We are also carrying the Kaffe Fassett Colourscape Chunky by Regia. These yarns are %100 Lambswool, with long color changes that make it ideal for entrelac patterns, and also for felting. The 100 gm. skeins have approximately 175 yards per skein and knit up at about 3.5 sts/inch. This single-ply yarn has a spin that is very similar to Noro Kureyon, and comes in some luscious colors.

I always love to know what the new yarns are, and I'll enjoy sharing what I find out with you. Check back!

No comments: